Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Tommorrow is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I encourage all to light a candle tomorrow at 7 pm in memory of all those who have loved and lost a baby. There is not a day goes by that I do not think of the baby that we never got to meet. I often wonder if it was a girl or boy, who it would have looked like, and what a great friend a sibling would have been for Ellie. It hurts me to know that Ellie was not meant to be the oldest yet that is what she will always be known to be. Still after three plus years the pain is there. Yet I know and appreciate so much what I have with Ellie. I found this poem last year and only another who has lost can understand the full impact.
People noticeThere's a special glow around you.
You growSurrounded by love,Never doubting you are wanted;Only look at the pride and joyIn your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimesBetween the smilesThere's a trace of tears,One dayYou'll understand.
You'll understandThere was once another childA different childWho was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothesThat child will never keep them up at nightIn fact, that child will never be any trouble at all.
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,When mother and father miss so muchThat different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmlyAnd may you learn the lesson foreverHow infinitely preciousHow infinitely fragileIs this life on earth.
One day, as a young man or womanYou may see another mother's tearsAnother father's silent griefThen you, and you aloneWill understandAnd offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,You will tell themWith great compassion,"I know how you feel.I'm only hereBecause my mother tried again."
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I love how they always walk together. Lets just say they better get married becasue we have oodles and oodles of pics of them growing up together. One of Thomas first clear words was Ellie (so cute!) so I think taht is a sign!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1) My husband who loves me and tells me that everyday
2) My daughter whose hugs and kisses make the days seem brighter
3) The rest of my extended family
4) For having the freedom to be able to celebrate my faith
5) A house we to live in and a car to drive
6) The great opportunity to get to stay home with Ellie
7) Having enough money to get by, not a lot extra but enough which is more than a lot of people right now
8) Jayce finally using the potty almost all the time!
9) My friends who do have kids and understand the worries of being a mom
10) My friends who do not have families of their own yet that they do not forget me